So, even though they were an hour late to get me, I was wheeled down for my growth scan today. I went into that appointment with mixed emotions. There was a selfish part of me that wanted to just be done being pregnant because I'm SUPER uncomfortable now. But, the mommy in me wanted these babies to all be perfect and healthy in there! I've found that when I go into these appointments thinking everything will be good to go, there's usually a bump in the road. Today proved to be no different. Here are their new weights:
A: 3 LBS 9 OZ
B: 3 LBS 8 OZ
C: 3 LBS 1OZ
D: 2 LBS 4 OZ
If you compare to 2 weeks ago, Karson (D) as only gained 2 oz.... On top of that info, because his tummy is so small his arteries are sparing in other areas of the body to "feed" the tummy. That can be dangerous for him. So from here on out, i have daily BPP's (Bio Physical Profiles) to check all of their fluid, movements, and bloodflow.
As of right now, we should be having babies on Friday March 26. That could become an earlier date depending on what the BPP's show, or if I were to just go into labor. I started my course of Betamethizone (steroids to mature the lungs) today, which is not fun. It's a nice big needle with thick liquid that goes into your booty =0
With all of this going on right now, things are a little crazy at home! And, I forgot to mention that today is my Keaton's 4th birthday =) He's such a good boy, and so smart and sweet. I'm the luckiest momma! Also, Howard is testing for promotion on Wednesday so we could use a lot of prayers! We could definitely use the extra money that that rank would give us =)
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


hi nicole~
ReplyDeleteso glad you've made it this far and praying for little baby D. suz's email is : suzsteece@hotmail.com
she knows who you are and would love to chat :)
Praying for sweet Karson! Wow only 4 days or less...how exciting and scary all at the same time! Praying that God will give you great peace and that each little baby will be healthy and thriving! Prayers for Howard's test too!:)
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys, especially Karson! You're in the home stretch! Hey read your fb, I got mag and it wasn't horrible. I did feel hot (nurse kept a cool washcloth on my head) and I felt a little loopy. I'm sure you can handle it, look what you've come through already!
ReplyDeletequads born march 23 : Hensley 3 lbs 1 oz; Karson 2 lbs 11 oz; Paisley 3lbs 8 oz; Presley 2 lbs 15 oz
ReplyDeletehttp://www.whmc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123196963