Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are they done yet?!?!

We struggled with infertility for over 2 years.. After wanting a baby for so long I vowed that if I DID ever get pregnant again I would never complain about the common aches and pains that accompany pregnancy. We'll just say I never considered the fact that I would ever have quads =) So Sunday night was a little rough for me. Apparently my blood is now too thin after all the heparin, motrin, and aspirin i've been on, so I was bleeding from one of my injection sites, and it wouldn't stop. They got worried that I could have one of several different things wrong with me, so they ran a million different tests!Then, they decided that at midnight, I should get an IV in place "just in case". I got to see their lovely faces again at 4:45 am for yet another blood draw! I was so exhausted that when they took me for my biweekly ultrasound, I fell asleep on the table! After that, I was just ready to be done baking these babies!
I've forgotten to mention the facts that I'm now to the point where I can stand for a max of 4-5 minutes before i'm EXHAUSTED. I can barely get my feet in my pants, and I can't roll over =) I'm telling you all this so that you can hold me to my promise......I want to remember to not gripe about the discomforts of this pregnancy, but to be thankful for the fact that I GET to feel these discomforts! I'm so blessed to be pregnant with these babies, and i can't wait for them to join our family!

PS~ I get weighed tomorrow, so i may have remind myself of all this yet again...I hate that cattle scale!

5 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to be having these little ones!!! It may be painful now but think of how happy you will be in a few weeks to see those little faces! It is worth it!

    Did they figure out what was wrong with the bleeding? I imagine that isn't a good thing if you're not clotting and have to have a c-section. Just curious...have they had to do anything to keep you from going into labor other than bed rest? I've been reading other 'quad blogs' and you seem to be having it pretty easy ;)

    love ya!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    Your positive attitude is so encouraging. I don't have kids and I can't imagine what you are going through. But to hear you speak this way makes me want to have kids.

    You are doing great!

    I will keep praying!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have made it to 31 weeks (today - Sat)- you are hanging in there so strong for your sweet babies! I know you can do this and am so happy to be your friend and watch and pray with you as you work hard mentally to appreciate the here and now. You are blessing not only your family but others who see you going through all of this with a positive attitude- I am hugging you from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nicole,
    I found your blog address from one of our mutual friends on FB...anyway, I go to Mac and am finally happy to put a face with your name-it's nice to see who we've been praying for!
    I loved being pregnant, but it's hard not to complain about some things every now and then- I cannot imagine how it feels to have four little ones in there at once! :) You are doing an amazing job!!

    (ps-I emailed Suz Steece a while back when our church was coming up with ways we could help you guys out and she said she'd love to talk to you sometime...let me know if you'd like her email...or just leave her a comment-she's pretty quick at emailing back-and sorry if Lisa or Ashleigh has already told you all of this-I just wanted to make sure you knew:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys =) I have to admit..This is probably the first time in my life that I have been "praised" for my good attitude!! Maybe it came with older age,or maybe it's just because I feel so blessed for getting to feel "miserable" for the reason that I do..I waited so long for these babies and am so excited!

    PS~I would love to have Suz Steece's email. I have read her blog a time or two!

    ReplyDelete