Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lesson from God


I find myself wondering "why did God choose ME to have these babies?"...Don't get me wrong. I don't ask myself that because I wish I didn't have them. I am so so SO thankful to be their Mommy! I'm just that kind of person. I always wonder 'why?'.  I think i've found out why....From the beginning of my pregnancy people have gone out of there way to help us... They helped bring Howard back from Iraq early. They helped bring us back to Texas to have the babies. Once we got here we started looking for a church family. We knew we had to hurry because I didn't have much time before I was on bedrest. You know how they say "3rd time's a charm"? Well, that's how our church hunt turned up! The 3rd church we tried out was THE one. We just both felt at home that very first Sunday there!

Fast forward a little bit. I went into the hospital on bedrest, and church members were asking left and right, "How can we serve you?", "How can we help?", "what do you need?", and so on. They've fed us 2-3 meals a week since February, which has saved us! They gave us literaly thousands of diapers!!! More than the things we have received from the church,we've received love and support. They've been true servants to Him through me.



So today, while I was home with the babies and Howard was at church wih th big boys, a light went off! I decided that God chose us to have the babies to teach us a lesson. He's teaching us how to serve through being served! And, hopefully he knew that we would make good parents to these angels =) So today, I want to thank all those who've helped us out and are teaching us how to be Servants!

2 comments:

  1. I found you today through the Cox Quads blog...I have twin girls who will be one in a week and an almost three year old son...and I could not imagine having four at one time! Your babies are adorable! I can only imagine how busy you are with knowing how busy I am! I know you already know this because of your two older boys...but seriously, treasure every single moment! It goes by so fast, and even faster when it's more than one. I feel like this first year with the girls went so much faster than our first year with Tucker. So glad to have found you and can't wait to see your babies grow & change as your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete