Sunday, May 9, 2010
Best Mothers Day Ever
I can remember Mothers Day 2009. We had just moved to England, and were getting settled in. My mother and father-in-law were visiting after our family vacation to Dublin, Ireland. We had a great time. I was getting anxious awaiting my first doctors appointment at my new reproductive endocrinologist, which was the following Tuesday....We had been trying for so long to have A baby...just one! I never stopped trying, even when people told me, "maybe you're just not meant to have more kids", and "be happy with the kids you have"....Those comments were always so hurtful, but they never made me give up hope. I always had this feeling that I was destined to have one more baby. So, I pressed on and started seeing my new dr. We attempted and IU in June, and it didn't work. We had another try in July but we had to abandon the cycle when and ultrasound showed that I had too many follicles (meaning that I had a big chance of high order multiples)... So, we found out in August that Howard was deploying in September..I had one more try before he left. I wasn't very hopeful, just for the fact that i was so stressed preparing for him to leave. We went ahead and did the procedure when an ultrasound showed JUST 2 follicles. So, on August 15 we began our journey. Howard deployed 2 days after I found out I was pregnant. 2 weeks later, we discovered the quads =) My normal state during a pregnancy is.....stressed, but happy. I'm always so worried that something is going to go wrong, or happen. It's so strange,but in such a high risk pregnancy I was calm. I was relaxed. I had this feeling throughout my pregnancy that God was with me and everything was going to be alright. It makes me teary eyed to think about, because I'm just so grateful. I had such an uneventful pregnancy for such a high risk pregnancy. So, as I sit here in the peace and quiet listening to my 4 little angels breathe, and grunt...I'm just so thankful. My kids are the best gifts that I've been given. This mothers day I was given the gift of having all 4 of my babies be healthy, and at home with my 2 big boys. I'm so full of love and happiness. My 6 kids are an answer to my prayers. They make me smile every day, and make me a better person. So, here's to my BEST Mothers Day ever!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy Mother's Day Nicole! What a precious gift our children are to us! I am so thankful for God's protection over your sweet family during this time...next time you hear someone say that God doesn't move moutains just tell them your story. The sheer fact that the military sent Howard home and got y'all back to Texas so quickly is a huge miracle and then to have 4 totally healthy babies that are already home...wow...God is good! If you don't mind I would like to write about your story on my blog. Our church has been praying for you and I blogged about it back in the beginning so I would love to share the beautiful ending...just let me know if that is ok!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!!!!! Love the flower bows! I'm a sucker for big bows, they're just so cute! Happy Mother's Day Momma!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that this Mother's Day filled your heart the way that it did! Those babies really are a gift from God and straight to your heart!
ReplyDelete